Kind of familiar, but then again not, the coolest boot shape for fall is a pull-on blocky-heel number that sits low on the leg, yet curiously above the ankle. Vaguely referencing a Paco Rabanne-like low Sixties go-go, this groovy new silhouette has been readily championed by Martin Margiela as a house signature typically finished off with his cloven-hoof split tabi toes. But if that’s not your scene baby, then go the glam-rock route with Celine’s space age lurex knit version or Saint Laurent’s psychedelic pink perfection in layers of glorious glitter. Quite shagadelic, don’t you think?
Above, from left to right:
1. Black jacquard tabi’s, Martin Margiela
2. Silver lurex knit with jewel, Celine
3. Black patent with metal heel, Saint Laurent
4. Black lurex knit with jewel, Celine
5. Violet glitter, Saint Laurent
6. Black jacquard tabi’s, Martin Margiela